The Airbnb website is great, and they also have an app which is really easy to use - but I've noticed it doesn't have all the features and options the web page offers...
How to choose the right Airbnb for me
1. Once I know where I'm going, I will input the destination and the dates. This will display all of the Airbnbs that I could chose from - as they are available for he dates I've selected.
2. Next i filter the available airbnbs down by changing the amount of guests and the price. The price indicator allows you to see the average Airbnb price per night. But you can move the control bar up and down to suit what you want to pay. I now also select which type of Airbnb I want to stay in. Eg, Entire place.
3. A variety of Airbnbs will now be displayed. This is where you can be picky and filter down the options even more by tailoring the place to your needs. This could be; wifi, parking space, a bath, en suite, washing machine etc.
4. At this point you may of found a few you like the look at. My top tips at this stage would be to read reviews on the host to see what other guests have said about their Airbnb, look on the map to see where it is - is one closer to the train station you need to be near?, look into the price breakdown - are there any extra payments such as a cleaning fee?
5. Have a last comparison. Look closely at the photos as pictures can lie! You can always contact the host to ask any questions you may have and show your interest in their Airbnb. But also look at their response - do they respond quickly? Are they polite and professional? Their response will also say a lot about the place you will stay in.
I use Airbnb a lot, especially in different countries. It can make travelling and visiting different places so much more unique. You can really tailor the place you stay in to your exact needs. Airbnb is only growing, which means there's more and more apartments and rooms being added to the website and app. It's a really good hack for staying somewhere on a budget as you can select exactly how much you want to spend and see what options are available.