Friday 15 May 2015

Braun silk epil epilator

After years of shaving and waxing my legs i decided to give an epilator another go. I tried using epilators on my legs a couple of years ago and found it way too painful to carry on with. Recently i wanted to give it another go as waxing was becoming too messy and involved too much faffing around for my liking! 

My mum has used an epilator ever since i can remember, so i knew if i ever wanted to try one again i would be able to. She has also had a few different epilators over the years, the current one she has is by Braun and is called 'Silk epic'. Braun is always bring out newer versions of this epilator, so I'm not too sure which one this is, but they are all fairly similar.

For anyone who doesn't know what an epilator is - its a hair removal method and is most commonly used on legs, arms and arm pits. The end piece that you run across you skin has a rotating part with little areas that move from side to side. These areas trap the hair and pull it out which is how the machine removes the hair.

Something i really like about this epilator is the light that comes on when you turn on the machine. This makes it really easy to see every hair on your legs to ensure as many hairs are removed as possible.

The machine has two settings of how fast the end rotates. I like to use it on the fastest setting.

The first time i used the machine was after waxing. I let the hairs grow so that i could do a thorough removal. I went over the main areas as this took a while because it was my first time using the machine. A few days later i used the machine again just to mop up any hairs i missed the first time. Its  now over a week after using the machine the second time and i have just used it a third. I have noticed a MASSIVE difference in the thickness amount of hair regrowth. 

I would 100% recommend epilating your legs to anyone wanting to try a new method of hair removal. The first use is the most painful, but i soon got used to it and now i find it fine to cope with.



3 comments:

  1. I have been depilating for some time now, and I am pretty content with it.

    LindaLibraLoca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  2. I epilated my legs all of last spring/summer but by the time it got to autumn I started to get quite afew ingrown hairs from it - despite my exfloiating :(
    I guess epilating just isn't for me, which really is a shame!
    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have never tryied a epilator!! :)<3

    littlecoffeebreak.com

    ReplyDelete