This banana bread is one of my favourite sweet treats that i don't feel too guilty about eating!
I've left in brackets next to the ingredients some alternatives if you'd rather swap or change any.
3 mashed bananas (well ripened)
4 tablespoons of honey
245g self-raising flour (or wholewheat/spelt/coconut/soy/buckwheat/oat flour etc)
1 teaspoon of baking soda
40g melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or essence
A sprinkle of raisins, chia seeds and chocolate chips (optional)
4 tablespoons of milk (I use semi-skimmed or skimmed but soya/coconut/almond milk would work as well)
- Turn on the oven to 170 degrees celsius (gas mark 3)
- Line or grease your loaf tin
- If you would like to measure out your ingredients to make the method quicker; now's the time to do so. If not you can measure the ingredients as you go
- Whisk together all of the wet ingredients (coconut oil, milk, honey, vanilla, eggs and bananas) make sure they are all combined well
- Stir in the baking powder and the flour, make sure to fold in gently to keep more air in the mixture. If you have a kitchen aid use this on a slow setting
- Add in your chocolate chips, chia seeds and raisins
Bake for 30 minutes. The loaf won't be cooked just yet but turn it 180 degrees on the oven shelf so the loaf gets an even bake. The loaf will need another 20 minutes. Keep checking the loaf regularly, if its looking golden brown but the inside isn't completely cooked place some foil over the top of the loaf.