Monday 20 April 2015

Red lip & bare face

Whenever wearing a red lipstick i always felt that it was so bold that i needed a lot of mascara to balance everything out and pull the look together. I also always felt i looked strange with a red lip and no eye makeup because it went from one extent to another.

However, today i tried on a new lipstick and lip liner that i recently got (MAC Cherry lip pencil and MAC Russian Red lipstick) without any makeup on the rest of my face just to see what the lipstick was like on. Before putting on the lipstick i had just plucked my eyebrows and put some brow gel through my brows to keep them in place. With no makeup on my eyes or face i wasn't expecting to like the look - i just wanted to see and feel what the lipstick was like to wear. However, i actually really liked the bold lip against nothing else on my face. A few months ago i would 100% hate this look because i wanted to make my makeup perfect to how i knew i liked it, but recently I've been enjoying experimenting more, and i may even wear this look soon if I'm feeling brave!

X


MAC Cherry lip pencil and MAC Russian Red lipstick

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I am kind of new to blogging, and I just recently made my own. I really like yours and I was wondering if you could take a look at mine http://hannahelizaa.blogspot.com/
    thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love red lipstick with little other makeup, I think it looks more innocent and summery! That MAC lipstick looks gorgeous :D

    http://katsbeautytales.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete