Monday 7 January 2019

Christmas Makeup Haul 2018

A makeup haul will always fill me with joy no matter how old school it may get nowadays. Below is a mixture of makeup, some that I received as gifts and others that i bought myself.






Top left : Nars ‘Loaded’ Eyeshadow Pallet 
It’s a beautiful neutral pallet with a mixture of matte and shimmer shades. 
I’ve found every colour to be day-time wearable. The shades are well pigmented and easy to blend.





Top middle : Nars ‘Laguna’ Bronzer
This is a cult classic. I’ve had a couple of these before and highly recommend, it’s one of my all time favourite bronzers and I’m glad to have a back up!
It’s the perfect shade between a contour and bronzer - not too warm but not too cool. It’s easy to create contoured cheek bones but can also be brought up and on the cheek bone as a bronzer.


Top right : Mac ‘Oh Darling’ Highlighter 
This is a limited edition highlighter from Macs ‘Shiny Pretty Things’ collection that I believe launched just before Winter. 
It has a gold warm base so looks create with a bronzy makeup look. It’s not too intense as some highlighters can be. 





Middle left : Mac ‘Beet’ Lipliner 
A winter must have is a berry toned lip liner. I’ve heard a lot about this shade from Mac so really wanted to get my hands on it. 

Middle : Mac Bronzing Powder
This is very similar to Nars Laguna. The only difference I personally notice is this one seems slightly less pigmented. But the shades are very similar. 

Middle right : Mac ‘Babetown’ Lipstick 
Another limited edition lipstick from Mac. This finis is cremesheen so it’s a very glossy finish. It’s really comfortable and moisturising to wear, however this finish isn’t the most long lasting. This shade is a light pink - very girly and feminin. 






Bottom left : Mac ‘Lightscapade’ Highlighter 
I’m yet to test this product. But i was drawn to this highlighter as it’s not like any others I own. I have heard a lot about this shade so wanted to try it out. 
I can imagine it’s fairly intense and pearly. 

Bottom middle : Nars ‘Apoline’ Lipstick
I’ve been using this a lot recently and I’m really enjoying it. It’s very pigmented and actually applies more pink than it looks in the tube. It’s a stunning shade that I like to wear with a darker eye to brighten things up! 

Bottom right : Urban Decay ‘Cherry’ palette
Last but certainly not least! This absolute beauty of a palette is new from Urban Decay. It’s berry toned which isn’t like any of their palettes before. I love all Urban Decay palettes and have quiet a collection, so I definitely needed to get my hands on this one.





No comments:

Post a Comment